Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Goals

In the previously mentioned book, Dr. O'Neill suggests making 2 short term goals and 1 long term goal post surgery and commit them to writing.  So here goes, I'm putting it out there.




My 2 month goal-- to be free of aids (cane, walker, crutches) while walking in my house.


My 4 month goal--to be back in the pool and on the bicycle, to be able to get up and down off the floor


My 1 year goal--to be walking in my neighborhood 5+miles/week and riding a bike on the Greenline


It's been 5 years since I've walked for exercise.  I had plantar fasciitis first, then the arthritis, tendinitis, and bursitis developed.  I have been using a cane for the past 2 years.  At one level, these goals don't seem like much, but at another level, they are rather lofty, but I believe, realistic.

3 comments:

  1. You go, girl!! And go and go and go and go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, this is such an encouragement to me. I'm planning to have my left one done before the end of the year, then this right one down probably about 3 months later. I'm like you - ready to get my "life" and mobility back. It encourages me to read your postop goal focus. Keep up the good work. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam, please comment with your experience as I go along in this. It looks like I will be about a month ahead of you, but I'm sure during recovery and rehab, we will probably follow the same path for months. I hope that others who have already done this will share their experiences, too, and help us all!

    ReplyDelete