Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Am I crazy?

Since my last post I have been dealing with my setback which so far has lasted 2 weeks.  The foot pain slowly subsided over 9 or so days while the calf pain increased incrementally.  It, too, very, very slowly waned, but I was driven back to physical therapy.  It was decided that because I had a vertebra in my back that was hypermobile, that the stretching probably aggravated an unknown preexisting problem that was exhibited by an irritated nerve that caused a cascade of symptoms.  I have had 3 super duper calf massages that have helped tremendously along with electrical stimulation and heat treatments.  I was told to eliminate all physical therapy type activities except one core strengthening exercise until yesterday.  I went back to my deep water aerobics class that made me feel fantastic, and today I walked in the pool.  My therapist even stretched me a bit today, and so far I have had no repercussions from that. I am sad that I got waylaid, but I am thrilled that things are going so much better now.  As bad as I was, I figured I might be down for the count.  I have lost a bunch of quad strength, but I can tell an improvement just from yesterday, so at least I am not starting back at square one.




Now to the crazy part.  I have put down money on a trip to Disney World in December!  Anyone who has ever been to Disney World knows that it can be grueling, even if you are fit!  Unfortunately for my family, I am one of those driven tourists that has to do everything, and do it well.  When my husband and I planned this trip, we agreed ahead of time that we might not do very much, and that would be ok.  We are even going for 7 days to increase our chances of doing more.  I just love the happiest place on earth, and once I got on the web site and saw all the things that are new since our last time there, plus there is a whole new park we haven't visited, I started filling up our days even though we were purposely not doing many things we have done or seen before. Each day during this setback I was wondering what in the world was I thinking when I signed up for Disney World.  So here's to the next 3 months of hopefully injury free time where I can continue to heal, continue to get strong, and increase by leaps and bounds the distances I can walk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment