Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Monday, September 26, 2011

A Does Not Equal B (10 months)

Took my bicycle out today for its maiden voyage.  I'm here to tell you that 30 minutes on a recumbent bike is not even close to 10 minutes on a regular bike!  Five minutes into the ride, I knew that 10 minutes would be max today.  My left knee was awkward (it is stiffer), and it felt weird to pump the pedals. Came straight in and iced my left knee, just in case.  So far, so good.  I am encouraged to go out and do it again tomorrow.

I am also beginning this walking plan today from Arthritis Today--I think it will be totally doable.  http://www.arthritistoday.org/fitness/walking/tips-and-strategies/walking-plan.php?WT.mc_id=921walk 

(While writing this, I got a phone call that required that I go to the phone.  I could hardly walk; my muscles were so tight!  It reminds me of the early physical therapy days.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I printed out the walking program and am going to start it next week. I sort of don't know where I belong - I think I am going to start with the advanced, but on a treadmill since they suggest adding an incline.

    However, I think it is like your bike story - I don't think any amount of treadmill walking will equal walking outside!

    I'm so happy for you that you started with the bike - keep it up!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete