Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again...."

I am approaching 10 months post surgery.  I have not fully recovered from that last setback following physical therapy, but progress is being made, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

When I began this journey, I made of list of goals to reach after surgery.  I met the 2 and 4 months goals easily, and I now I am looking at my 12 month goal which was to be walking 5 miles/week in my neighborhood and to be riding a bike on the Greenline.  http://greatermemphisgreenline.org/    We live just a few blocks from an entrance to the Greenline, so I look longingly down it as I drive by daily.  I get excited just thinking about getting on it and exploring, especially in the upcoming fall weather.  Well, today I got a little closer.  Check out my new wheels!  This is an awesome bike with flat foot technology.  That means I can be sitting on my bike, and my feet are flat on the ground.  The angle of the design has me sitting a little straighter and the handlebars are higher so that I am not bending over, and therefore my visual field is greater.  I rode this in the store parking lot, and I felt like a kid!  It handled like a sports car bike would--haha, does that make sense?  Anyway, after I conquer my neighborhood streets, it's on to the Greenline for me.


I am trying to walk more, but I keep forgetting.   Maybe once I fully recover from my recent insult, I'll be more attentive.  In the meantime, I am expecting stronger legs, and that can only help with my walking.



1 comment:

  1. Love your wheels! You are so brave to go biking OUTSIDE on a REAL bike. Let me know how it goes! I also admire your goal to walk 5 miles. I am still at my 1 mile...

    I admire you so much for forging ahead especially after the troubles you've been through with your recovery. Makes me want to go on myself!

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete