Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Things I ponder...

I'm always wondering if it's normal to not be able to do something or to feel something, so I will jot down some of these in case there is someone else wondering the same things.


1.  I wonder if my knees should still be this stiff?  It's a different kind of stiffness than I had before surgery, but I sure would like to come out of this with none.


2.  I wonder if there will always be some movements that will cause me pain.  There are times when I move around in bed that I am very aware of my knees.

3.  Will I be able to kneel?  Will I be able to squat?  Am I expecting too much?


4.  When will I be able to descend stairs without pain?  Going up isn't always a lot of fun, but going down is definitely not without pain in one knee.


5.  When will I be able to walk without listing to one side?  I really want to have a normal kind of walk.


6.  My left knee does not extend as well.  Will this always be the case or can I expect both knees to be more similar?


7.  Are most of my knee problems going to resolve with increased strength? 


8.  When will I have more stamina and be able to walk more than 6 laps on the track without paying for it later?


9.  When will I be able to get up out of a chair and immediately start walking without having to wait for my joints to lubricate first?


As you can see, my impatience is rearing its ugly head again. Afterall, it has only been 4 1/2 months since my surgery.  I plan to answer each question when I have an answer and repost this if and when I have the answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment