Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm on my way! (8 weeks)

This week marks  8 weeks post-op.  My 2 month goal was to walk unassisted in my house, and I have reached my goal!  The other day I was getting out of my bed, and I looked around and wondered, "Where is my cane?  Surely I didn't leave it in the kitchen!"  So I got out of bed, toddled to the kitchen, and hallelujah, there was my cane resting against the counter!  Since then I have consciously walked around my house some without a cane every day.


Today I walked 3 laps on the walking path in 11 minutes.  Before my PT setback, I had walked 2 laps in 10 minutes! I am feeling again like I have turned a corner.  As long as I can keep my physical therapist from knocking me down, I feel like my progress is going to increase, not necessarily exponentially, but certainly at a steeper rate.  Yay me!!

1 comment: