Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WOO HOO!!!! I'm going home tomorrow!

I am surprising everyone by going home tomorrow.  This is not to brag one bit, but it has become very clear to me that I was more than prepared physically for this surgery.  Not one person I encountered did not not comment on how well I was doing, especially since I had had 2 knees done.  I kept hearing it over and over, and it made no sense to me.  It was very painful to stand,  it was very painful to walk, I felt like my mother-in-law in her last days, crouched over a walker.  It was very difficult to get out of bed, so I could not imagine that I was doing better than anyone else. As the days passed and the staff and I got more familiar with each other, the stories about others became more animated.  I told them that the pain is very real; maybe I was just more proud.  I had someone at 5:00 in the morning tell me that she had been watching me, and she could not figure out what was different about me.  I proceeded to tell her that I could tell her what was different--about how I spent the last year getting ready for this and what all that involved. Next thing I know, I'm having to talk about it with everyone else working that shift because she has gone back and told them about it.  If I have truly been the star that this staff has led me to believe, it's just wrong that everyone is not required to do prehab prior to surgery.  This has not been easy by any means, but according to everyone who has worked with me, I have made it look that way.  (By the way, I have always considered myself a baby when it comes to pain, so I don't think it's because I had a high pain threshold.)


So I have 3 more hours of therapy in the morning after a real shower.  Then I'm planning on pizza for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment