Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Word to the Wise... (almost 15 months)

I bought my bicycle last September. At that time the salesman told me I should bring it back in a month for an adjustment, but he and I both knew I wouldn't get that much mileage on it in a month.  So, he gave me 6 months.  Today I took it in for said adjustment, and WOW!  The gears were adjusted, the brakes, too, a cable was stretched so it was tightened, blah, blah, blah. I just got back from my first ride, and I absolutely cannot believe the difference.  The hardest part of my ride is getting to the Greenline and getting back home once I get off.  I could not believe the ease with which I climbed the first incline that almost always brings me to a standstill!  Once I was on the Greenline, I was pumping away like the guys with the fancy gears.  Most of the inclines on the Greenline were barely noticeable today.  For Memphians, the fartherest I have been before today is a little past Highland and the  Chickasaw Country Club.  A couple of nights ago my husband and I went to a restaurant that is off the Tillman exit.  I mentioned that it was still so far from Highland, and I looked forward to getting that far some day.  However, today I rode all the way to Tillman before I knew it!!




Getting home was still hard, but I was not hating every minute like I usually do.  Amazing what a fine tuned instrument can do.

2 comments: