Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Monday, January 16, 2012

What I have learned

I cannot go long without doing my exercises.  Two days prior to leaving for our trip, I did not go to the gym for various reasons.  Add to that 7 days of not riding a bike, and I came back home with very stiff knees, in spite of the fact that I was doing stretching exercises every day.  Granted, when I came back I was hurting, but it took me a full 10 days to get over that trip.  The first day on the bike, my left knee was so tight that it took a full eight minutes of revolutions before my knee quit hurting.  It was 10 days before I did not have to do some warm ups of going around halfway on the pedals to work out the kinks before going all the way around the first time.  I also had to scale back on my time and intensity level on the bike and scale back on weights and repetitions on the leg machines.  Just short of a month of my return, I am just now regaining my previous level of strength.


I don't think this will always be my life, but it is right now, and I am more determined to stick with my rehab for the near future.  A man at the gym where I go had 2 knee replacements 4 years ago, and he told me that he has to exercise 3 days/week.  I could live with that--I could give up these 3 extra days!

2 comments:

  1. Sandy,
    Thanks for the good example for all who are striving to continue to engage life.
    Admiringly,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John! Ii can always count on you to cheer me on!

    ReplyDelete