Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GRADUATION (16 weeks)

Today I "graduated" from physical therapy.  It was a four month program-- longer than the 6 weeks I was told to expect.  I still have a ways to go, but I'm going to be doing it on my own except for occasional "tune-ups".  Periodically I will probably have to return to work on the extension of my left knee.  I was sent out with a couple of pages of exercises to increase the strength in my quads and with a T-shirt.  Some days I get really tired of most of my day being spent going to the pool or the gym and recovering afterwards from such activity.  Then other days I see the benefits of said activity, and I rejoice.  Like last  week.  We went to New Orleans to see the WWII Museum, and I thoroughly did that museum.  We got there at 1030 and shut the place down at 500.  Granted, I sat on every bench in the place, but I never would have even considered going to a museum a year or so before my surgery.  I did hurt a bit that night, but nothing that ice and naproxen couldn't help.  The next day we went to the aquarium, but I fizzled after about 2 hours.  I watched the penguins for a long time while my guys saw more of the aquarium.  Secretly, they were probably very glad that I was not up to my usual museum compulsions, i.e., no sign left unread, no exhibit not viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment