Surgery Date

SURGERY DATE-- NOVEMBER 29,2010

Monday, May 23, 2011

Some exercises that have been helpful to me (Almost 6 months)


 I still hate this exercise.  I  should do this several times a  day to help with my knee extension.






Just recently I discovered that I think I get the same results by using a large ball, like this.





If a physical therapist is reading this, please weigh in. This is much less uncomfortable, but I feel like the stretch is just as good.  Maybe it's the soft surface that my heel is on opposed to the hard wood chair. (Although after seeing this photo, I'm thinking I might need to use a bigger ball.)


When I graduated from PT, I was encouraged to do these machines at the gym.  I was really scared of using them, but they haven't been that bad.  Walking is kind of hard afterwards on the days that I do them, but my legs are fine the next day.  Plus, I can tell that my quads are really getting strong.

Leg Press







Leg Extension


Leg Curl    





1 comment:

  1. It is April 2012, and I have developed a problem with my IT band. In discussing with my doctor the machines that I have been using, it was his opinion that no one should do the leg extension machine. For what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete